:: mui's live journal ::

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

:: Knitting Projects ::


Rather than taking care of naughty Plum, I enjoy my new hobbies a lot. It's knitting. A friend of mine, Natt, inspired and taught (and still teaching) me the techniques. Thanks Natt. Here are some of my finished projects.

This is my first scarf. It is for little Plum.

Yarn: Berroco Pronto - Lullaby Baby and Berroco Softy - Magenta
Pattern: Just knit seeded stitches and make stripes out of those two yarns. I have made 2 pom poms at each end too.


I am glad that Plum likes her scarf a lot. She keeps saying "นิ่มๆ" (means soft-soft) and "สวยๆ" (beautiful-beautiful) every time she sees it.


Also, I have made a h a t to match this scarf. Here it is!

Yarn: leftover from scarf and Rowan Cotton Tape - for stripes.
Pattern: Complimentary from Natt. ;-)



The second scarf is for my husband, Bae. It's such a masculine color, Natt said.

Yarn: 2 hanks of Araucania Patagonia Nature Cotton - 208 bought from Knit New York, NY.
Pattern: Ribbing

Row 1: * K2, P2; repeat *, end K2
Row 2: * P2, K2; repeat *, end P2
Repeat row 1 and 2 until 2' left, bind off all stitches, weave ends.



We chose this yarn because we just liked the texture and color. So, I made stockinette stitches. Unfortunately, it curled so much that I needed to start over with ribbing.





Here comes the third scarf. This scarf is made for my host mother in Greensboro, NC, Helga.

Yarn: 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Wool - 42 Marble bought from Flying Fingers Yarn Shop, NY. which was on sale.

Pattern: Quilted Lattice from Naive Knitting.

Cast on: 27 stitches

Finished size: 6.5" x 60"

Close-up the pattern. See! How lovely the work is!

At first, I didn't like the color of yarn very much. But when I wore it, I like the tone which can easily match with any colors. I hope Helga will love a gift from the Good Daughter.

Pinky purse and snake

Yarn: Rowan Cotton Tape bought from Purl Soho, NY (again, it's on sale) and Berroco Plush - Crema from Supercrafty, ebay, and some leftover thread from my Bae's scarf.

Purse's pattern: my pattern.

Just knit Cotton Tape in stockinette stitches until desired length. Change to Plush, continue knitting about 1". Pick up stitch at the other end, knit Plush with the equal number of row. Fold in half. Seam both sides. Making pigtail as a draw string.

Snake's pattern: snake city

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home